Happy New Year’s Eve to all of you!! 2012 is almost over and I’m very excited to say bye to it and welcome the new one. There’s so many things that I’m thankful for this year, I have accomplished most of this year’s objectives and I’ve grown in so many aspects. Every year brings positive and negative things but I’m grateful for it all. I usually recap my year and I remember a year ago how hard was for me to recap 2011. Now, while I’m writing this, I’m proud of the woman I’ve become over the past 365 days.
Yes, certainly I made mistakes and I failed in some things, but being wrong and making wrong decisions is part of being human, it’s part of living. I look into the negative things that happened to me, and to be honest, I treasure each of them because they gave me a lesson. I learned more about my flaws and weaknesses, and how important is to recognized them in order to become a better person and grow. I’ve learned about letting go, forgive and becoming a compassionate person. I realized that is better to not hold grudges, resentment or anger against people because at the end you are the one who walks around with all the negativity that will only attract more negativity.
This year, I made right decisions as well, in my personal and professional life. I feel more mature, focused and determined that yesterday. One of the best decisions I could have made was to start this blog. I hesitated for so long to do it, but I’m proud that I finally did and that is growing little by little. I have so many things in store for PeruvianChicaInNYC.com that I can’t wait for you to find out! Thank you to every single person that reads me and follows me, I appreciate it alot because you are supporting one of my biggest dreams and passions!
There were days during this year, where I thought about quitting and choosing the easy way out, at times I felt disoriented, lost and nostalgic. But today I can finally say I’m in the right path; I have a feeling that I’m becoming the person I am meant to be, that I found myself and I’m in the right track! I feel closer to God and in great terms with myself, my family and loved ones. I totally believe this new year, 2013, is going to be a FANTASTIC one!
Now before ending this post, I want to share some of my old time New Year’s Eve “rituals” for good luck, fortune & love:
- Clean your house, change your bed sheets, curtains, towels etc. Throw old, broken or stuff you don’t use. Make room for new things to come and receive the new year with everything clean (including your spirit).
- Wear colorful underwear: red for love, yellow for fortune, white for peace and happiness.
- When the clock hits 12, eat 12 grapes (one wish per grape) and chug a glass of champagne. 12 grapes means good luck for each month of the year. Drinking a glass of champagne brings success and accomplishments.
- At 12, grab a handful of raw lentils, give it your loved ones and put it in their pockets. This is for fortune and good luck.
- If you want to travel: grab a backpack or a suitcase and run around the block. This one brings me good memories of my childhood, running around the block with my mom! LOL. Do this is you are seeking to travel this year.
- At 12, have a bag with candy and coins and give it to your loved ones. This is for good karma and a sign of detachment of material things.
- Set up your dinner table with candy, bread, fresh fruit, also light candles and incense. This brings abundance and fortune.
- If you are in the beach, at 12, run to the water and throw water to yourself or go for a swim. You will be clean and reborn after it.
I hope you like these rituals I compiled so you can start the new year with good fortune, luck, love, peace and LOTS of positive vibes! I have my grapes, champagne, candy, lentils and coins ready! If you do any of these let me know! HAPPY NEW YEAR, BE SURE THAT 2013 IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME ONE, GET READY FOR IT!!!!